The latest information first on an officer involved shooting in Wellston:
New picture of suspect Michael Vance …
- Search for most of the evening has been along Triple X and Covell and surrounding areas, near the power plant.
- Authorities also pursuing other leads suspect could be headed toward OKC or Stillwater.
- Suspect described as white, 5 feet 10 inches tall, 185 pounds
- Suspect possibly has one or two hostages
- Suspect armed with an AK-47
- Multiple law enforcement agencies – including OSBI, county, OKC and others on scene along with SWAT Team and helicopter
- Also word suspect could have acquired a dark colored Hyundai and could be headed to Stillwater
- Unconfirmed word that suspect could have suffered a gunshot wound
- Authorities telling residents to stay inside and off the road
- Suspect ditched the white Lincoln Towncar with a blue top and headlight out that he was driving earlier.
- Two Wellston officers suffered non-life threatening gunshot wounds
- Another suspect in custody
- Another victim was shot after the initial shooting of police officers when Vance allegedly carjacked the Lincoln
- Portions of Highway 66 Sunday evening were closed.
- Vance was recently in the Lincoln County Jail on charges of child sexual abuse
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office is leading the investigating backed by Oklahoma County.
The suspect, Michael Vance, has a long criminal history, and currently faces a charge of “child sexual abuse after conviction of felonies.”